Today is the day before my sister's wedding. She woke me up this morning and said that I need to go down quickly and assist Mom. I immediately thought to myself, "It starts". Not surprisingly, I went down to my Mom's room and saw her frantic and stressed-looking, with cellphone in hand. I asked her "What help do you need?". Then she replied something like "I needed your help yesterday! When I needed this and I needed that and when I had to do this blah, blah, blah".
Alavit! Sounds like genuine Cabigas family-life in Manila to me! Haha! I feel like typing right now. So I'll just type whatever comes to my head.
The feeling of going home is really weird. Before flying home, you feel all excited and you can't wait to land but when you land already, you suddenly get this feeling of familiarity with everything and you realize that there's really nothing much to be excited about since you already know what to expect. Everything is the same like the traffic, smog, heat, winner taxi drivers who share with you their life story, billboards of Juday, Kris, Ruffa, and Gretchen all around, etc.
It feels like I never left.
I've just been here for two days though and the BIG event is still tomorrow. I haven't been to the mall, I haven't eaten a two-piece chickenjoy meal, I haven't seen a single friend yet, I haven't gone boxing yet, and I haven't gone out. Oh well. For sure the next few days will be wild. Crazy running-of-the-bulls-in-Pamplona-Spain wild. On a side note, running with the bulls in Spain is part of my to-do-list before turning 40.
I have, however, had a foot spa! Haha. It's such a joy to experience something so luxurious at just Php 250. I mean, you go to the neighborhood salon in pambahay and have someone scrub and clean your feet like a labandera scrubbing a white shirt soiled in toyo. Then another one gives you a manicure, and all the other matronas in the salon provide you with the insignificant but nice-to-hear chismis about their children. Gosh, I love third-world labor.
Yesterday, I also practiced yoga in a studio in Makati called Yoga Manila. I did Ashtanga Led and it was my first time to complete the entire Primary Series without skipping a single posture. Oh yes. They don't offer this class in the club I go to since they just do a beginner's class, so I was excited to attend. It was so relaxing to practice yoga in a penthouse cum yoga studio with only a few yoga practioners beside you and the breeze of a rainy Thursday night gently enfolding you while you close your eyes and breathe. Dammit, typing that sentence just got me all relaxed again. It's so different from the studio I go to in Malaysia where the classes are almost always full and it begins to feel too commercial. I hope to go back there soon. As in like tonight!
That's all I've done so far.
But like I said, today will be crazy. So it should get interesting starting today. We're talking shuttling to three different parts of Metro Manila, picking up relatives at the airport at different times, buying this, buying that, finalizing this, finalizing that. Haha! I miss being busy. Our driver is starting to show signs of getting sick tapos niloko namin siya, "Kuya, kahit may chickenpox ka sa Sabado, pumasok ka pa rin ha?" Haha. We were kidding, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment