Filipino

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Episodes and Endless Online Profiles

EPISODES. I haven't been in the mood for anything lately. A near zero passion to do something that'll spice up your day. I've been running less, yoga-ing less, praying less, blogging less, cooking less and reading less. The bad thing is I've been eating more. American-style meals, which translate to nothing but abundance. But I can't help but appreciate the fact that it's been incredibly comforting to know that food is also man's best friend, in the absence of a dog.

It's not depression. I know it's not. I've never really had a reason to get depressed. And although I can pinpoint certain developments in my life and immediate environment as well as specific thoughts that may have brought me to this form of pseudo-lethargy, I will simply call this an "episode". It'll be short and will end by what I hope will be tomorrow morning but the thing with these episodes is that they're bound to resurface. We all have our episodes.

WHIRLWIND MEET-UP. Another friend from the bubut years, Bianca, passed by KL while in transit to Manila from Sydney making her the third High School friend I've met here. Another Zobel friend, Pabsy, will be here in November too. Wild. We're all becoming more mobile, internationally. To think just a few years ago, getting to a friend's party in Alabang used to be an issue. Well anyway, she just stayed for a short, short time. Just enough for her to take loads of photos, eat a big breakfast, and buy three pairs of shoes in 15 minutes. Panalo. It's always nice to catch up with friends from pre-puberty.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Bianca's celeb-with-the-gigantic shades pose.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Bianca's celeb-gone-barok pose. Well she loves photography. Excused.

ONLINE PROFILES. I have recently been sucked by a blackhole. Another term for it would be online networks. I promised myself to stop with Multiply. But no. I simply have to create another one. Fritz, the person who introduced me to Friendster, recently got me to join another online network which I refuse to explicitly mention as of now for the sake of keeping a bit of the non-conformist in me in tact. Dammit. And he' s right when I asked him what this new website is all about. He simply said "Well it's basically Friendster. But not jologs". I got sold with that line. Yes, I'm kupal and pea-brained. This now adds to my 7 or 8 online profiles / accounts / journals / networks or whatever you call them. Crazy.

No comments: