Do I write about how my life has been so far? Like a recap of the previous years and how it has led to where I am now. From living the life of an underperforming economics student but overworked student leader to becoming an OFW with just 10 months work experience in a call center. And how this change in the span of three years amazes me until now.
Do I write about my desires? My aspirations and longings, big and small? Like how I've always wondered how I would be in a relationship. Or being rich enough to do nothing else but travel, yoga, and boxing. Or be someone who delves into mutual funds. Or doing development work at home or in another country. Or working for the government, in the Labor department or with the foreign service.
Do I write about how I feel right now? Like how I know I am happy and feel like I am genuinely blessed. Like how I feel so young, alive, and in control. But how in spite of this, I still sometimes feel that I am slowly getting detached and unhinged from my responsibilities to my family as a son and sibling. And to God, as a follower and believer.
Do I write about my issues and force myself to believe that I am having a quarter life crisis? Like how I think my job is generally stable and is a safe choice for someone at my age but believe that there is no real depth in it. Yet because of the onset of my parents' retirement and dad's Alzheimer's, I know that having this job is what is right at this moment in time. Like how I don't know until when I should even stay abroad when your presence at home can sometimes be more important to the people important to you. Like how I don't know if I should still pursue a scholarship in Spain and attempt to work in a profession that, in many ways, will be more relevant. Like how even this desire to work in a field related to development work or foreign service can be a blur at times thus making me think about how I don't really know what my plans are.
So what do you write about?
This photo was taken from the balcony of my apartment. Every single day I have the opportunity to see this beautiful sunrise while I drink a cup of Nesvita or eat a bowl of muesli and think about my plans for the day. Sunrise, mountains, a lake.
I think I'd rather write about moments like this.
Many would consider turning 25 as a milestone. Like crossing a threshold of maturity and accomplishment giving you a reason for celebration. And in many ways, it is. But I'd rather consider small events such as waking up to a sunrise with no thought of turning a year older as a more significant milestone. Because in these moments you become focused enough to realize that life indeed is beautiful. That it is blessed. That you are happy.
And that gives you every reason to celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment