Filipino

Monday, June 02, 2008

New Toy, New Destination

I recently met up with a cousin who is, at the very least, twelve years older than I am. No wonder I've always felt like a kid. His occupation: scientist. He came over to conduct a training on the ethics involved in clinical trials. Winner.


I have succumbed to the urge of buying a new toy: a Canon EOS 400D. Less than two years after buying a basic point and shoot Sony DSC-T10, I have moved a level up. It's a bit late if you ask me since everybody seems to have a DSLR nowadays. But what the heck. I've loved taking photos since I was a kid and I know that I have an 'eye' that can be trained even more given the right tools. So there.


Oh yeah. I'm bald again. Having hair simply got too boring, ordinary, and a bit tiring.

For the record, I was supposed to buy a Nikon D80, a more advanced model. As in I already told the sales guy that I'm purchasing the Nikon. But upon conversing further with him, I changed my mind and decided to buy the Canon instead. He told me that for the same price, he'll give me the Canon and add in an extra 15-250mm lens apart from the 18-55mm that comes with the kit, a 2 GB memory card, carrying case, tripod, and screen protector. Ugh. I'm such a sucker for marketing. It's pathetic. But oh well, the deal is good enough for me.

Now what excites me is where I'll be baptizing my new toy: Yogyakarta, Indonesia! I'll be flying this weekend to Indonesia's cultural capital, together with six other friends, and discover what ancient Java has to offer. Naksss. We'll be visiting Borobudur, which is said to be the largest buddhist monument in the world. Everything else is a question mark. Which makes everything so much more exciting!

No comments: