Filipino

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lost Cellphones, Yoga, and White Collar Boxing

I lost my phone a few days ago. It has been with me since 2004 I think. Sniff. I swore never to replace my phone up until it "dies" a natural death. Well apparently, the biatch decided to pack up and leave. To be more specific, it decided to jump out of my pocket while I was snoozing on the bus and allow itself to get picked up by another passenger. Whattaslut. Ha ha. At least now I have an excuse to buy a new one! Woohoo! I'm currently using a Sony Ericsson which is on-loan from Loi. Man, nosebleed. I have no idea how to use Sony. I think I'll be sticking with Nokia.

I managed to get my old number back (yey!) but not my contacts. So to all my fans out there, please send me your numbers so I can keep in touch with all my nonsense. I can see eyes rolling right now.

In other news, I miss going to the yoga club. Double sniff. I (used to) go to this club that requires me to take a bus, a train, and a cab. THAT far and inaccessible by public transport yet I still do. People there say I'm crazy why I do all that just to get there. Duh, I like the classes and teachers there? Anyhoo, getting plucked out of that routine so suddenly feels weird. I've been doing self-practice lately which is good but the shared energy in a class really helps.

There's been a lot of online rage going on ever since Yoga Zone started to lose its teachers. Check out this blog and its comments section. Just look at the posts with more than a hundred comments. I'm assuming the angry comments come from the Pilates students, haha. But seriously, it looks like some people need to do more breathing in lotus.

You know how they say that when a door closes somewhere, another one opens? Well, well, well. Though the yoga door hasn't really closed on me, one big door opened for another passion of mine: boxing.

Check out the poster and website. I sent an application to compete in this White Collar Boxing match in KL. If I get accepted, I will train in KL for 12 weeks for free and compete in a charity fight night end of November. Talk about timing!
I lost my phone an hour or two after I got hold of this news and I tell you, I didn't care about the phone. Ha ha. Boxing made me move from 188 lbs. to 135 lbs. in just 10 months. It's actually one my greatest personal accomplishments. Though I don't practice boxing here in KL, as there is simply no enthusiasm for the sport over here, it remains to be in my system.

This really, really excites me and I hope it pushes through. Sigh. If not, there's always the Mizuno 10 km run to look forward to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's precisely why I support people who manage their yoga studios well. I've heard of comments to the effect that a yoga studio should not be run like a business because "it's yoga!" But really, managing a shala is just plain being responsible in ensuring the sustainability of the community. Sustainability of course entails finance. I hope those closed-minded yogins get to read this and realize that they should thank the "business-minded" yoga directors who keep the community alive and practicing.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, So what happened? Did you get the boxing part?