It's been a long time since I last felt the Christmas spirit. The kind that makes you smile even when you're just walking alone on the street at night.
I type this now in my room with just an hour to go before I leave for Christmas mass. I look back at the year that was and feel strange that it's about to end. Good strange. There are so many things in my head right now I don't know where to begin. No, I'm not troubled or anything. In fact, I'm happy. This year has been awesome. But the weird thing about it, it has been such not because of the big things that happened, but because of the small things. The strolls along the street with Dad. The time I spend at home. The everyday breakfast with my parents. The laughter with my siblings. The renewed relationships with friends. The little milestones. The growth.
Sigh. When I get over this blogger's block, I will write something better. In the meantime, Merry Christmas.
I type this now in my room with just an hour to go before I leave for Christmas mass. I look back at the year that was and feel strange that it's about to end. Good strange. There are so many things in my head right now I don't know where to begin. No, I'm not troubled or anything. In fact, I'm happy. This year has been awesome. But the weird thing about it, it has been such not because of the big things that happened, but because of the small things. The strolls along the street with Dad. The time I spend at home. The everyday breakfast with my parents. The laughter with my siblings. The renewed relationships with friends. The little milestones. The growth.
4 comments:
"The kind that makes you smile even when you're just walking alone on the street at night."
Oh so true! Merry Christmas Ben! =D
Merry Christmas Chona!
What? You call that writer's block?? Haha. Why are you like that? Several of your entries this year have brought me to tears, really. And most of them, it's as if you're saying what I want to say but can't really get it out ─ it's as if you're reading my mind. Merry Christmas Benny. I'll see you on Sunday.
See you on Sunday!!!
Post a Comment