After going through an 8-hour yoga workshop over the weekend, I've officially included yoga into my short-term goals. Initially, I went into this for the sake of learning something new and to have something to do when I don't have work. But now, I want to practice hard enough and become a certified yoga instructor.
The goal isn't far fetched at all. There are lots of instructors out there who still have lots to learn about yoga but have reached a level which is good enough to teach the basic / intermediate level. That's what I'm gunning for. I don't plan on becoming a yoga guru type that goes to India yearly since becoming an advanced teacher would require YEARS of practice. Not to mention several lifestyle changes. Besides, I don't intend on becoming those 'ohm' and 'shakti' chanting enlightened types.
I think I've got what it takes. When I found out that I could lose so much weight in less than a year I felt like I could do anything so I think achieving instructor status is an attainable goal. I'm incredibly patient when it comes to these things anyway. My instructors often tell us that patience in your practice is important as you can't just learn this posture or that posture or twist to this posture or bend to this posture overnight. It can take months and years for your body to adjust. You can have the determination but if you're not patient, you'll just get yourself injured.
Together with yoga, I also want to become a Pilates instructor. Ang dami ko na bang gusto? Seriously. I do Pilates here too since it complements your yoga practice. I usually attend the tough and difficult classes like Power Yoga, Ashtanga, or the Flow/Vinyasa classes which require lots of strength and stamina and focus a lot on Core strength. But I also attend a pure Pilates class or a mixed one which they call Yogilates. That's why I also have an interest in Pilates.
Pilates focuses on your Core strength or the area below the neck, above the waist, and between your shoulders. Basically, your torso with more intensity on your abdominals. It's much easier than yoga but I find it less fun for some reason since it's simply a workout that targets your Core. Unlike yoga which you know gives something deeper to every movement. Nevertheless, I think it's a nice thing to get certified in Pilates as well.
I sound like a fitness freak! Haha. Whatever happened to the fat Ben-Ariel who could consume a 2-pc. chicken, Quarter-pounder with cheese, large fries, extra rice, and iced-tea meal from McDonald's and have no regrets?

Panalo. Naahh... I'd rather stay like this:

Hahaha! OK. Now I feel like I'm so full of myself. Hehe. Actually, I feel like yoga is working lots on my metabolism since I eat more here and I don't get to box at all but I haven't really gained much weight. Running is my cardio exercise and I don't even get to do it once a week sometimes. I know that I built up a bit though thanks to all those arm balances in yoga. Woohoo.
The goal isn't far fetched at all. There are lots of instructors out there who still have lots to learn about yoga but have reached a level which is good enough to teach the basic / intermediate level. That's what I'm gunning for. I don't plan on becoming a yoga guru type that goes to India yearly since becoming an advanced teacher would require YEARS of practice. Not to mention several lifestyle changes. Besides, I don't intend on becoming those 'ohm' and 'shakti' chanting enlightened types.
I think I've got what it takes. When I found out that I could lose so much weight in less than a year I felt like I could do anything so I think achieving instructor status is an attainable goal. I'm incredibly patient when it comes to these things anyway. My instructors often tell us that patience in your practice is important as you can't just learn this posture or that posture or twist to this posture or bend to this posture overnight. It can take months and years for your body to adjust. You can have the determination but if you're not patient, you'll just get yourself injured.
Together with yoga, I also want to become a Pilates instructor. Ang dami ko na bang gusto? Seriously. I do Pilates here too since it complements your yoga practice. I usually attend the tough and difficult classes like Power Yoga, Ashtanga, or the Flow/Vinyasa classes which require lots of strength and stamina and focus a lot on Core strength. But I also attend a pure Pilates class or a mixed one which they call Yogilates. That's why I also have an interest in Pilates.
Pilates focuses on your Core strength or the area below the neck, above the waist, and between your shoulders. Basically, your torso with more intensity on your abdominals. It's much easier than yoga but I find it less fun for some reason since it's simply a workout that targets your Core. Unlike yoga which you know gives something deeper to every movement. Nevertheless, I think it's a nice thing to get certified in Pilates as well.
I sound like a fitness freak! Haha. Whatever happened to the fat Ben-Ariel who could consume a 2-pc. chicken, Quarter-pounder with cheese, large fries, extra rice, and iced-tea meal from McDonald's and have no regrets?

Panalo. Naahh... I'd rather stay like this:

Hahaha! OK. Now I feel like I'm so full of myself. Hehe. Actually, I feel like yoga is working lots on my metabolism since I eat more here and I don't get to box at all but I haven't really gained much weight. Running is my cardio exercise and I don't even get to do it once a week sometimes. I know that I built up a bit though thanks to all those arm balances in yoga. Woohoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment