All the emotion after reading the book has subsided now. I am sober. I finished reading the book within 48 hours after buying it, which is a new record for someone like me who's not really a bookworm. It sucks that I wasn't able to discuss the book with anyone right after reading it so I had to keep everything to myself and just resort to reading the online forums. Sigh. I can't believe I'm so affected by Harry Potter! To think I only started reading the books at around the end of 2005.
Anyway, I simply need to comment about Deathly Hallows. And about Order of the Phoenix the movie na rin. I actually just watched it for the second time this afternoon. I'm on a Harry Potter Hangover.
Spoiler alert, ok?
Loi and Millie after watching the movie.
Comments on the Deathly Hallows:
- Hedwig! Oh, Hedwig! Damn owl bitch! I felt worse knowing that Hedwig died that I did Mad-Eye.
- "Dinner, Nagini". After reading this, I just knew that this book would be explosive!
- Awww... Dudley. Diddykins doesn't think Harry's a waste of space.
- I loved all the action! The Seven Potters, Bill and Fleur's Wedding reception (ninerbyos ako nung lumabas Patronus ni Kingsley ibang klase!), Godric's Hallow and Nagini, Malfoy Manor! (I heart you Bellatrix! You're my new hot-villain-bitch-crush), and of course, the Battle of Hogwarts.
- "Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf". Waahhh!! Waterfalls! Waterfalls!! Well I didn't really shed a tear. But c'mon, I'm sure everybody felt for Dobby. It was perfect that Harry dug up the grave.
- I'm such a sucker for people who want to fight back and launch a revolution (ba't kaya?). I was letting out these tiny little shouts of excitement starting from when Professor McG fought Snape tapos they all decided to fight back! Leche winner!
- I initially got confused about the Elder Wand thing. I understood the transfer of ownership, pero I was thinking about who had the physical wand kasi I remember that Draco didn't get Dumbledore's wand when he disarmed him sa Book 6. Anyway, all is well now. Thank you Wikipedia.
- Harry walking to the forest. Bow.
- Snape! SNAPE! Woohoo!! Inlab ka lang pala leche ka. "Always". "Look... at... me".
- Nako naman Neville, hindi ka naman medyo matapang sa book diba? I like the fact that Ron, Hermione, and Neville each destroy a Horcrux.
- The Locket = The One Ring? King's Cross = The "Architect" scene in The Matrix?
Comments on Order of the Phoenix the film:
I watched it twice so I obviously like it. It seemed to be a bit slow at first but it was alright. Not boring slow. Dolores Umbridge is perfect. Same to you Luna Lovegood. Especially to you Bellatrix! Talk about a 19th-century French whore looking psycho-Goth witch.
The battle scene was cooooool. Though short. The highly awaited Dumbledore-Voldermort duel was great as well even if it wasn't so much as it was described in the book. I was waiting for the statues to come to life and for Fawkes to come out. Still, it was nice. The movie felt like a long episode of a great TV series though. It's a great episode but you know there will be one more before a season finale.
Other more useless comments on Harry Potter in general:
- I can't wait until the last two books are made into film. Especially the last book. I can't wait to watch Alan Rickman! I swear, I've been a fan of this guy since Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves starring Kevin Costner. We're talking about early 90's here!
- Ang sagwa ni Cho Chang, no? What if si Heart Evangelista si Cho? Baka yung Room of Requirement naging motel room nung naghalikan sila ni Harry.
- I can't help but relate to Dumbledore's Army. If I were a student at Hogwart's, for sure I would've joined it! Haha! Gosh, it's just like High School and College! I would be Gryffindor for sure.
- I was thinking of some objects I would probably make into a Horcrux. I've thought of three so far.


No comments:
Post a Comment