Filipino

Friday, January 18, 2008

Prom Night All Over Again

Photobucket


The buzz around the office right now is all about a formal dinner to be held tomorrow night for all employees and their partners. They call it an 'Annual Dinner' over here and would probably be the equivalent to the office Christmas parties back home. It's like prom all over again. Everyone is thinking about what to wear, make-up, shoes, transport, what to do after, etc. Personally, I'm just thinking about how I would react if I win in the raffle draw. Rumor is that the grand prize is a plasma screen TV. Drroool.

It reminds me a lot of high school and how the prom was such a big thing. Normally held during February, people would already start talking about it as early as June, when the school year starts! Come to think of it, I never actually got to experience a 'normal' prom so to speak because I was the host of Junior Prom and I was part of the organizing committee of Senior Prom. So instead of enjoying myself and looking all formal, I was either doing something for the program to run smoothly or dealing with the venue manager to make sure that things were being coordinated perfectly. Anyhoo, I'm not complaining. I used to love doing those things.

In other news, I will be bald very, very soon. So that's something to look forward to.

No comments: