After a year and six months of searching for a decent boxing gym here in KL, I finally found one. Some random Googling here and there a few weeks ago got me to a website I've never visited before with an address to this small fitness gym that offers boxing classes. It's a small gym with very few equipment but it's good enough. The trainer is this huge Russian guy who is said to be a former professional. I visited place yesterday and I think it was great. Although unlike back home where you can just drop by and train one-on-one with your trainer, here you have to attend a class during specific times in a week. I'm not complaining, at least I get the opportunity to box again.
I wasn't used to the movement anymore. Nakakainis. I didn't even know how to move my feet properly and coordinate it with my arms. To add to that, they partnered me right away with this Palestinian student who has been practicing for months. (Have you ever actually met anyone from Palestine?). Anyway, he landed more than a dozen punches in my face and body. And I wasn't even wearing a mouth guard. Hassle. It's been a long, long time since I last felt my brain bounce off inside my skull. Temporary speech impairment when I got home. Haha. Panalo talaga.
Well I'm just babbling. I'm simply happy that I got to train again even if my entire upper body is aching in a way that only boxing can make it ache.
I wasn't used to the movement anymore. Nakakainis. I didn't even know how to move my feet properly and coordinate it with my arms. To add to that, they partnered me right away with this Palestinian student who has been practicing for months. (Have you ever actually met anyone from Palestine?). Anyway, he landed more than a dozen punches in my face and body. And I wasn't even wearing a mouth guard. Hassle. It's been a long, long time since I last felt my brain bounce off inside my skull. Temporary speech impairment when I got home. Haha. Panalo talaga.
Well I'm just babbling. I'm simply happy that I got to train again even if my entire upper body is aching in a way that only boxing can make it ache.
No comments:
Post a Comment