Filipino

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What's In Laos? I Don't Know.

When I mention that my friends and I will be going to Laos soon, everybody asks me "What's in Laos?". I answer, "I don't know".

And that's precisely why we're going.

Of course, now, I've done a good amount of research on the places we'll be going to so at least I have an idea on what to expect. I can't know for sure yet but it's probably going to be like Cambodia, but less touristy and more REAL. We'll be visiting the capital, Vientiane, and hop around the various 'wats' and other sites. We will also be heading for Luang Prabang, Laos' ancient capital and what seems to be its cultural heart. A World Heritage Site situated right beside the great Mekong River, Indochina's river of life.

We had already booked our flights to Laos when I found out that the New York Times voted Laos as the top destination for 2008. Man, I can't wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to Laos, my beloved country. You make the right decision.

http://samakomlao.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

Can you do yoga asanas when you're at That Luang? I really enjoyed your pics in Borobudur.

Ben-Ariel said...

ANONYMOUS:
Thanks! My friends and I are all excited to go to your country!

MELANIE:
I'll try :) I'll have to 'feel the moment' first, haha. There are more photos on my Multiply: http://benariel.multiply.com.