Filipino

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Award Winning Ben-Ariel

Date: October 10, 2008

For the past two months, I've been very busy at work largely because my company decided to participate in the Annual Awards 2008 organized by the Contact Centre Association of Malaysia (CCAM). Long story short, this is THE awards ceremony in the industry and several awards are up for grabs and dozens of companies will nominate their best employees who will enter the competition. My company nominated a few of us for various categories and I *ehem* got nominated for the Best Contact Centre Professional category. I primarily work in IT Services but my team fits in with the awards criteria so well and good.

Our regional head and manager were really serious about this. As in they had to personally review our nomination forms and see our presentations and make their comments and revisions. It strangely reminded me of thesis defense. First stage was submitting the nomination form which was like writing every part of your CV in essay form. With photos. It was crazy. I luckily got through that and reached the next stage. Second stage was a presentation and a panel interview. Imagine making a PowerPoint presentation about yourself. Talk about selling yourself, man. It's really not as easy as it sounds like even for a superficial and self-absorbed guy like me. (Am I too honest?)

Complete text and photos can be found at my Multiply.

1 comment:

Mary Anne Ingua said...

Congrats Bentot!