Filipino

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Post-Resignation Post

In spite of the fact that I just arrived from a very short three-day trip to Manila, I feel like I'm in need of a vacation. To think that last month I was in Manila for two weeks.

A result of big decisions, maybe?

Who knows. So much has been in my head lately that I don't even know where to start thinking. My future unemployment. Even I don't know how long that will be. Deciding on where to work. Or more importantly, where to look for it. Same industry? Similar industry? Totally different industry? Spend my savings on a one-way trip to Europe and see what happens? I like that last question.

A part of myself tells me that I was an idiot to have resigned at a time of global economic recession where looking for a job won't be too easy. Heck, it wasn't easy when I graduated from college, how much more now when nobody wants to hire former OFWs who are naive enough to think that companies would be willing to spend the same amount on them as their former employers? Just kidding, I'm not that naive.

However, that other part of myself filled with positive thoughts tells me that I have no need to worry because there will always be a job for me out there that will match whatever I'm looking for in a career. Now, if only I knew what career I want to have. (Do I sound like I'm having a crisis?) No, I'm not. (Insert one 'om' chant here)

What keeps me entertained now is thinking about what I'll be doing during my unemployment. I've decided to spend at least a month unemployed and only start looking for a job afterwards. I'll be home in the middle of summer. The possibilities! Hmm... there's Coron (which is currently in the works), Batanes, and Camiguin. And of course, with so much free time on my hand there will be loads of yoga practice involved as well boxing sessions and running. Yesss...

I'm feeling better now just thinking of that.

Speaking of yoga, it was a pleasure to have met my fellow yoga bloggers in Manila after the Mysore class with Jon in Yoga Manila Ortigas, which by the way looks fantastic. Shout out to Mel and Chona! Hi also to Lyn! Now we can all practice together regularly very soon. Sayang I wasn't able to bring my camera. Oh well, next time. Don't worry, I wasn't late for the wedding :)

I went home for a few days last weekend to attend the wedding of college friend and bar topnotcher Vivian and Omar, my brother's friend since we were young(er). I crossed the South China Sea for you guys! Haha, congratulations again! Sorry to newlyweds Pammy and Bryan for not being able to follow to your reception! We saw each other at the airport naman eh so at least medyo nakabawi ako ng konti. Go forth and multiply! I think you need to start the baby-making now if you really want six. Have fun in Phuket!

Photos from Vivian and Omar's wedding can be found at my Multiply.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Ben,

Like you, I'm planning to take a month-long vacation from work by March. A month of yoga and maybe an out of town trip with Lyn--Yey!

I am TOO burned out from work to even think about the economic slowdown. Everyday I feel like there's a tornado of thoughts in my head revolving around deadlines. My wrists hurt so much na nga from writing. It has to stop na.

I've begun to find my computer repulsive already only to be lured back by Facebook and blogging! Haay!

See you in April "Bentot" ;-D

Ben-Ariel said...

Sayang I won't be home pa by March. We could go on a yoga retreat sana! :)

About work, I agree. I can't say I'm burned out per se but work simply has become too... blah. Not advisable to stay any longer because all the other alternatives from within will still be under the same framework, which I have issues with.

Yes! Blog na lang! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi "Bentot"..oopps am I allowed to call you that?"D(sorry, Mel's fault) hehehe just kidding...It's sure great meeting you...though unexpected and everything unplanned...Im not a blogger but I sure enjoy going around yoga blogs which lead me to yours which i find funny and very pleasant to read coz u find humor in all situation...I think its really cool that the guy besides me whom I thought was showing off (again joke!) initially was actually you...so its sure nice to have met you finally...teach me handstand when we meet again ok? see u soon

cheers,
lyn

Ben-Ariel said...

Hi Lyn! Don't worry, everybody calls me so many other names that Bentot is considered endearing. :) For a moment nga when you told me out of the blue na "I read your blog" while we were folding our mats, feeling ko naman artista ako. Hahaha. Syempre back to reality agad. Nice to have met you guys! I'm excited to practice at home. Practicing in my room can be lonely sometimes at ang kasama ko lang yung electric fan. Haha! Sure, handstand with a wall pa lang kaya ko ha...