Filipino

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour 2009: Petronas Twin Towers!

The idea hit me while I was on the way to church to attend the anticipated mass. I knew that Kuala Lumpur was going to participate in Earth Hour 2009 but I didn't give much thought about where the best place would be to experience it... until I saw the Petronas Twin Towers.

All 80+ storeys (two of 'em) of brightly lit glass, steel, and concrete.

Bingo. After church, I went straight to my "spot" where you get an unobstructed view of the entire structure. For some reason, people don't know about this spot. I normally find myself alone here save some random people walking around. It's the perfect place to view these gigantic candles in the night in all its glory.

Armed with a venti cafe mocha, take away chicken puff, plastic knife and fork, and cellphone camera, I sat down on the grass, looked up and marveled at two of the tallest buildings in the world and experienced Earth Hour 2009.

3 comments:

soulesscloudy said...

wow... nice video... really great can experience this moment... great....

by the way.. where is this hidden location u mentioning?? hahaha

Ben-Ariel said...

Hi WanWan,

The spot is on top of the hill near the Convention Centre area. Hard to explain where exactly but it's nearer the playground and on top of the waterfalls. Ha ha.

Tinster said...

alaveeet ben! thanks for the video!