While browsing through Facebook one day, I chanced upon this little ad on the sidebar that had an interesting design. It had a lotus with a man in lotus position in the foreground. Underneath it, it said Bliss Yoga. One little click led me to the website of Bliss Yoga Manila. I hadn't been aware of this studio at the time, two weeks ago, so after checking its site out I said I'll go give it a try.
The studio is located on the top floor of Trident Tower along Buendia and has an excellent view ofa cemetery the San Antonio and the JP Rizal area of Makati. Upon entering the studio, you'd know that the owners had given a lot of attention to the details. The place is neatly designed, pleasant to look at, and has this positive vibe to it.
I availed of their Php 1,000 introductory package in which I get to attend all their classes in seven consecutive days. Since they're offering around five classes a day, it's a good deal if you just want to check it out.

I first attend their Bhakti Urban Flow class that has you chanting in the start and end of the practice. I'm used to chanting at the start of a class thanks to Ashtanga but this is different. The chant itself is new to me and the big difference is that you chant it repeatedly while slowly lowering your volume to a whisper. It didn't help that I was the only student at that time so I was getting self-conscious with how I sounded. Ha ha.
Bhakti Urban Flow is very vinyasa based and I found it tough. After doing nothing but the primary series all this time, I really had to remind my body how to do other postures like half moon and standing splits. I also attended their Power Yoga, Hatha Yoga classes. These classes reminded me of the ones I used to attend when I was still starting out. Vinyasa with some arm balances here and there.

The studio provides the mats, belts, and blocks for you so you really just have to bring yourself. There's one studio on the first level for the classes but there's another smaller room upstairs for private classes. You check out the website for details.
I was only able to attend the classes by Roland dela Cruz, an American, who is also the owner of the studio. Regardless of what classes I attended, Roland's classes are centered on variations of the sun salutation and is generally vinyasa based. I found his classes very refreshing though difficult and always ended up with a smile on my face after leaving the room.

Bliss Yoga Manila also has other instructors and have classes throughout the day. They are open Mondays until Saturdays including holidays. Bliss Yoga Manila is open to yoga enthusiasts of all levels and I think is the only studio in Makati that provides the practicioner with a wider variety of classes to choose from. If you're merely starting out in yoga or would want find ways to expand your existing practice, Bliss Yoga would be the perfect place.
The studio is located on the top floor of Trident Tower along Buendia and has an excellent view of
I availed of their Php 1,000 introductory package in which I get to attend all their classes in seven consecutive days. Since they're offering around five classes a day, it's a good deal if you just want to check it out.

I first attend their Bhakti Urban Flow class that has you chanting in the start and end of the practice. I'm used to chanting at the start of a class thanks to Ashtanga but this is different. The chant itself is new to me and the big difference is that you chant it repeatedly while slowly lowering your volume to a whisper. It didn't help that I was the only student at that time so I was getting self-conscious with how I sounded. Ha ha.
Bhakti Urban Flow is very vinyasa based and I found it tough. After doing nothing but the primary series all this time, I really had to remind my body how to do other postures like half moon and standing splits. I also attended their Power Yoga, Hatha Yoga classes. These classes reminded me of the ones I used to attend when I was still starting out. Vinyasa with some arm balances here and there.

The studio provides the mats, belts, and blocks for you so you really just have to bring yourself. There's one studio on the first level for the classes but there's another smaller room upstairs for private classes. You check out the website for details.
I was only able to attend the classes by Roland dela Cruz, an American, who is also the owner of the studio. Regardless of what classes I attended, Roland's classes are centered on variations of the sun salutation and is generally vinyasa based. I found his classes very refreshing though difficult and always ended up with a smile on my face after leaving the room.

Bliss Yoga Manila also has other instructors and have classes throughout the day. They are open Mondays until Saturdays including holidays. Bliss Yoga Manila is open to yoga enthusiasts of all levels and I think is the only studio in Makati that provides the practicioner with a wider variety of classes to choose from. If you're merely starting out in yoga or would want find ways to expand your existing practice, Bliss Yoga would be the perfect place.
Check out www.blissyogamanila.com for more details.
5 comments:
Galing Ben! One day talaga, I'll try yoga. Not now, I don't feel that I'm physically ready for it.
Everyone is ready for yoga! =D
im also interested in yoga class, i came across your site while searching for bliss yoga manila review. may i ask if you bought your yoga gears first before joining their classes? thanks a lot.
Hi Chi,
No need to buy any gear since Bliss Yoga Manila already provides the mats, towels, blocks, and belts. Just come in your yoga attire and that should be ok. :)
Thanks a lot!yippie im excited to join their classes.
Post a Comment