Because when I look back, that's really all I ever did. After my first 10km run end of last month, I immediately joined two other 10km runs in two consecutive Sundays. I also increased the length of my regular run around the village to 7kms and I've found myself running almost two to three times a week. Unbelievable.
Animo Run 2009
I initially wanted to join the Timex Run at the Fort as a follow-up to King of the Road but I said to myself that if I'm really going to be joining these fun runs more often, I should get to participate in different kinds of runs for the sake of variety and experience. The Animo Run was the perfect choice then. It was going to be at the Mall of Asia this time, and compared to the adidas-organized King of the Road, this was going to be a smaller run. Then, of course, it was going to be organized by La Salle so how can I say no right?
When I got there at around 5:00am, the sound system wasn't up yet, there weren't a lot of signages to show the runners where to go, and even the start/finish line wasn't properly set-up. I didn't mind though. For some reason, I felt that every one who went to that run didn't mind the lack of resources or organization. They were just there to run. It was unpretentious to begin with so it was great. When the run started it was all perfect from there. The nice flat road surface, the cool breeze, and perfect sunrise while running by the bay. Wonderful! I wouldn't mind running here all the time.
Del Monte Dare to be Fit 'n Right Fun Run 2009
I followed up the Animo Run with another Mall of Asia run. This was a much bigger run than Animo but at least everything was organized from the beginning. I got a bit annoyed though at the start of the race since the 3km, 5km, and 10km racers were all mixed on the starting line and there wasn't any clear separation. Thus, when I was lining up before my run, I had no idea that the 10km run had already started! Darn. 3:30 minutes had already passed when I started running. It got me a bit pissed off that I started late that I ran faster than normal. Thankfully though, I also finished at my fastest time ever at 54 minutes. I doubt, though, that the official time recorded by the RFID on our bibs would be the same. Oh well.
A more specific (and negative) run review can be found here.
I wish
I wish than these runs would set-up more portalets. Every one is bound to pee before a run because we've all been hydrating ourselves. It's also very clear as seen by the looooooong lines at the portalets even minutes before the race starts. During the Del Monte Run, I didn't want to line up so I found this potted plant somewhere far and pee-ed on that. Hehehe.
Animo Run 2009
I initially wanted to join the Timex Run at the Fort as a follow-up to King of the Road but I said to myself that if I'm really going to be joining these fun runs more often, I should get to participate in different kinds of runs for the sake of variety and experience. The Animo Run was the perfect choice then. It was going to be at the Mall of Asia this time, and compared to the adidas-organized King of the Road, this was going to be a smaller run. Then, of course, it was going to be organized by La Salle so how can I say no right?
When I got there at around 5:00am, the sound system wasn't up yet, there weren't a lot of signages to show the runners where to go, and even the start/finish line wasn't properly set-up. I didn't mind though. For some reason, I felt that every one who went to that run didn't mind the lack of resources or organization. They were just there to run. It was unpretentious to begin with so it was great. When the run started it was all perfect from there. The nice flat road surface, the cool breeze, and perfect sunrise while running by the bay. Wonderful! I wouldn't mind running here all the time.
Del Monte Dare to be Fit 'n Right Fun Run 2009
I followed up the Animo Run with another Mall of Asia run. This was a much bigger run than Animo but at least everything was organized from the beginning. I got a bit annoyed though at the start of the race since the 3km, 5km, and 10km racers were all mixed on the starting line and there wasn't any clear separation. Thus, when I was lining up before my run, I had no idea that the 10km run had already started! Darn. 3:30 minutes had already passed when I started running. It got me a bit pissed off that I started late that I ran faster than normal. Thankfully though, I also finished at my fastest time ever at 54 minutes. I doubt, though, that the official time recorded by the RFID on our bibs would be the same. Oh well.
A more specific (and negative) run review can be found here.
I wish
I wish than these runs would set-up more portalets. Every one is bound to pee before a run because we've all been hydrating ourselves. It's also very clear as seen by the looooooong lines at the portalets even minutes before the race starts. During the Del Monte Run, I didn't want to line up so I found this potted plant somewhere far and pee-ed on that. Hehehe.

2 comments:
It's only now that Filipinos are getting more health-conscious that these races are everywhere. Generally, it's good but there is still a lot of things to improve on.
Naku, don't expect so much dun sa BF Run on December 13. If it weren't for my friend who's organizing it, I wouldn't go.
Don't worry, I want to run in the south pa rin! Hehe. Manelle's organizing it right?
Post a Comment