At night when the stars
light up my room
I sit by myself
Talking to the Moon
Try to get to You
In hopes you're on
the other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool
who sits alone
Talking to the moon
These are lines from the song "Talking To The Moon" by Bruno Mars. I am hardly a person of music but tonight as I listened to this song, I cannot help but relate. I do sit alone at night many times looking at the moon and do nothing else but think. It is during these times that I get to think and read my own thoughts without all the noise of work, of problems, or even of fun times.In some way, I do talk to the moon.
I relate to this song not because of a desire to reach out to someone else. I relate because I try to reach out to myself. To my former self.
That person has left me a long time ago and I know deep inside I want that person back. Badly.
No comments:
Post a Comment