A day before I left KL, I decided to go on a little adventure. I'm not talking about a trip to some mountain (though that's on my travel list) or white water rafting (on my list too). I decided to boldly go where not a lot of men have gone before: get a Boyzilian.
Yes, the brazilian for men. It's the male version of the seemingly barbaric practice of waxing all the hair down there and then ripping them from the root. Why did I get one? I've been reading about it online and on magazines for a few months now and it just seemed like one of those things that I need to experience myself regardless of the potentially excruciating pain it involves. That's it. I did not do it because David Beckham does it. I'm weird in that sense. After watching some videos of how it's done on YouTube, it made me think twice. But then I thought, if those screaming wimps could go through it, for sure I can too.
So I head off to a salon called Strip KL in the Bangsar area. My basic research says this is the best place to get one in this side of the world. Apparently, only one of them, Serene, is qualified to do the Brazilian for men so I was introduced to her and was led to the treatment room. Strip KL has a nice non-clinical feel to it and basically looks like a really hip apartment.

Serene hands me a towel and some wet wipes and asks me to clean off that area, take my pants off, then lie down. Simple enough. Wipe, wipe then I lie down on the bed. She re-enters the room with a face mask and gloves looking like a nurse in a black shirt. She asks me if I speak Cantonese, the nth person who has ever asked me that, and I answered no. During all this small talk, she non-chalantly unfolds my towel and inspects my balls and pubes like a hairdresser about to cut hair. Well, she does cut some extra hair off before starting.
According to them, only warm wax can be used for this area of the body as any other kind of wax will just leave you traumatized. Strip KL is big on hygiene and they only use a spatula once and doesn't double-dip on the wax pot.
And then the waxing begins. She applies some wax above the penis, waits a few seconds then... RIIIIP!!
No reaction. It surprisingly didn't hurt. Just like somebody's tugging on your skin. I know that I possess a high pain threshold but I was still expecting unimaginable pain. All those videos on YouTube were a bloody joke! Ha ha ha! Yey!
She continues on to the rest of the area. For the next ten or so minutes, I felt really comfortable with the whole thing and was getting kind of relaxed. The application of the wax is actually nice. It feels like a warm tongue licking your balls. Sorry, that's the only way I can describe it. But it's true. No, I didn't get a stiffy if that's what you're thinking though Serene tells me that some men do get one during the procedure. Pervs.

There were only two moments when the wax ripping made my eye twitch. That's when she was doing that area on the scrotum right beneath the penis. You know, that area that looks like a turkey's neck. That kind of hurt but wasn't scream-worthy. The rest was OK. Serene did say that she got surprised by my tolerance because some men would have already been shouting for their mothers. Plus 10 man-points to me.
The Boyzilian procedure is sometimes called "sack and crack". I wonder why. After she was done with the front, she asks me to lie on my stomach to wax my ass. It was basically uneventful but it was pretty weird having that done. She then asks me to lie on my back again so she can apply this cream / ointment on the newly waxed area. They normally do this for waxing virgins to prevent any unnecessary soreness. Since I had to wait ten minutes for this, I asked Serene if she can also wax my armpits! Ha ha! She says yes and goes on to wax that area too. I had to mentally stop myself from asking her to wax other parts of my body as the waxing slowly felt addictive.
The cream is then wiped off and she tells me that the whole thing is done and that I can dress up. Time to look at the package! Damn. They were right. It does look a lot bigger without all that hair! Seriously. That's probably gonna be the best line to tell a guy to get him to go through this. And the skin in the waxed area is impossibly smooth and soft. Like a baby. I look at the mirror with a smile on my face.
I leave the treatment area to pay at the counter. As I exit, this young couple looks at me with this strange-curious look on their face that, to me, looked like they wanted to say "What the heck did this guy have waxed???". Ha ha ha!
Will I get a Boyzilian again? Probably. But only if they have the same quality as the one at Strip KL. That place rocks. They have a branch here in Manila but from what I know, they don't do any waxing for men just yet. The skin down there is still soft and supple. It's still to early to tell how the hair will grow again since there's none growing so far.
I know that some of you guys find this a freaky thing to do. Well, who cares. I say, do anything once! At least I know I've got the balls to go through something this weird.
Other Boyzilian experiences:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/article1012045.ece
http://writtenword05.blogspot.com/2005/01/my-boyzilian.html
Yes, the brazilian for men. It's the male version of the seemingly barbaric practice of waxing all the hair down there and then ripping them from the root. Why did I get one? I've been reading about it online and on magazines for a few months now and it just seemed like one of those things that I need to experience myself regardless of the potentially excruciating pain it involves. That's it. I did not do it because David Beckham does it. I'm weird in that sense. After watching some videos of how it's done on YouTube, it made me think twice. But then I thought, if those screaming wimps could go through it, for sure I can too.
So I head off to a salon called Strip KL in the Bangsar area. My basic research says this is the best place to get one in this side of the world. Apparently, only one of them, Serene, is qualified to do the Brazilian for men so I was introduced to her and was led to the treatment room. Strip KL has a nice non-clinical feel to it and basically looks like a really hip apartment.

Serene hands me a towel and some wet wipes and asks me to clean off that area, take my pants off, then lie down. Simple enough. Wipe, wipe then I lie down on the bed. She re-enters the room with a face mask and gloves looking like a nurse in a black shirt. She asks me if I speak Cantonese, the nth person who has ever asked me that, and I answered no. During all this small talk, she non-chalantly unfolds my towel and inspects my balls and pubes like a hairdresser about to cut hair. Well, she does cut some extra hair off before starting.
According to them, only warm wax can be used for this area of the body as any other kind of wax will just leave you traumatized. Strip KL is big on hygiene and they only use a spatula once and doesn't double-dip on the wax pot.
And then the waxing begins. She applies some wax above the penis, waits a few seconds then... RIIIIP!!
No reaction. It surprisingly didn't hurt. Just like somebody's tugging on your skin. I know that I possess a high pain threshold but I was still expecting unimaginable pain. All those videos on YouTube were a bloody joke! Ha ha ha! Yey!
She continues on to the rest of the area. For the next ten or so minutes, I felt really comfortable with the whole thing and was getting kind of relaxed. The application of the wax is actually nice. It feels like a warm tongue licking your balls. Sorry, that's the only way I can describe it. But it's true. No, I didn't get a stiffy if that's what you're thinking though Serene tells me that some men do get one during the procedure. Pervs.

There were only two moments when the wax ripping made my eye twitch. That's when she was doing that area on the scrotum right beneath the penis. You know, that area that looks like a turkey's neck. That kind of hurt but wasn't scream-worthy. The rest was OK. Serene did say that she got surprised by my tolerance because some men would have already been shouting for their mothers. Plus 10 man-points to me.
The Boyzilian procedure is sometimes called "sack and crack". I wonder why. After she was done with the front, she asks me to lie on my stomach to wax my ass. It was basically uneventful but it was pretty weird having that done. She then asks me to lie on my back again so she can apply this cream / ointment on the newly waxed area. They normally do this for waxing virgins to prevent any unnecessary soreness. Since I had to wait ten minutes for this, I asked Serene if she can also wax my armpits! Ha ha! She says yes and goes on to wax that area too. I had to mentally stop myself from asking her to wax other parts of my body as the waxing slowly felt addictive.
The cream is then wiped off and she tells me that the whole thing is done and that I can dress up. Time to look at the package! Damn. They were right. It does look a lot bigger without all that hair! Seriously. That's probably gonna be the best line to tell a guy to get him to go through this. And the skin in the waxed area is impossibly smooth and soft. Like a baby. I look at the mirror with a smile on my face.
I leave the treatment area to pay at the counter. As I exit, this young couple looks at me with this strange-curious look on their face that, to me, looked like they wanted to say "What the heck did this guy have waxed???". Ha ha ha!
Will I get a Boyzilian again? Probably. But only if they have the same quality as the one at Strip KL. That place rocks. They have a branch here in Manila but from what I know, they don't do any waxing for men just yet. The skin down there is still soft and supple. It's still to early to tell how the hair will grow again since there's none growing so far.
I know that some of you guys find this a freaky thing to do. Well, who cares. I say, do anything once! At least I know I've got the balls to go through something this weird.
Other Boyzilian experiences:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/article1012045.ece
http://writtenword05.blogspot.com/2005/01/my-boyzilian.html
4 comments:
So, so, so HILARIOUS!
There is a place here called Lay Bare--same procedure I assume--only they use cold wax which is painless daw.
You should try it in maybe X months? ;-D
Welcome back Ben!
Hehe. Yeah, I'll look around after three weeks and see if I'll go through one again :)
Let's practice! I went to Jon's class last Tuesday in Makati.
Come to class on Saturday. EVERYONE will be there :-D
There is already Strip in Manila, been there already at Greenbelt 5!
Post a Comment